Thursday, May 08, 2008

Well, we had our milk and eggs delivered today. I have a love affair going with these eggs! They are so yummy and have the brightest orange yolks. We hit the library after breakfast and picked up some books I had on hold, and then went down to the lap-sit storytime. McKenna behaved very well during the program and sat and listened. She's really old enough for the pre-school story time, so we'll go to that one next time. I think she pushed a little girl just before we were leaving. She was over near the stairs and so was a little girl who looked like she hadn't been walking long. I heard some wailing and looked over and the toddler was on the ground, feet in the air. McKenna might have hugged her and then pushed her away, but later (after I made her apologize) she started going on about pushing the kid. So we discussed how that isn't nice and it can hurt people. Sigh. Guess she'll learn with a new sister on the way. We came home and put on the Letter Factory by Leapfrog that I picked up at the library. She seemed to like it, but was tired and fell asleep after watching it. The day has just zoomed by! No wonder it seems like my pregnancy is going by so fast!

Noel brought home a cherry picker, which looks like a mini-crane. He's borrowing it from some guy so that he can yank the engine out of his new Geo. We got the "stimulus package" check from the government, so he's going to see about getting the vehicle running. I did take $200. of it and put it into McKennas savings since some of the money from that check was due to us having a child. The other Geo is still doing okay for him, and I'm trying not to drive the Chevy as much. In two days the price of gas went from 3.49 to 3.59 and that's at our cheapest gas station, Maverick. Chevron is at 3.64! Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading a book I have on hold at the library called "The Self-Sufficient Life and How to Live it". The info it contains may just come in REALLY handy one of these days! Especially with the price of everything!

No comments: