Sunday, May 18, 2008

Oh my God, we had a poop explosion today! McKenna is still not doing #2 in the potty and she came to the back door while I was outside doing garden stuff and yelled, 'poopoo', and I said 'go tell daddy' and so the next thing I know Noel says, 'hon, you better come inside'... well, she'd had on panties and shorts and had done it in her pants and it was pancake batter consistency and was in a large puddle by the back door. Since I had told her to get her dad she had tracked back to the computer room, dribbling little spatters along the kitchen floor and carpet. I'm sure she had already done it in her pants by the time to she told me about it, but I can't help wondering. Maybe she had been holding it and wanting a pull-up? But she didn't say so, SO... she helped me clean up the mess after I stuck her backside under the bathtub faucet. She got some nice cold water, which she didn't appreciate but maybe that will encourage her to use the toilet next time? I stressed that it was an accident and that next time she should use the potty, but she won't even listen. It's very frustrating. I'd love to have her potty trained by August, but honestly I can't see it happening. If I push, she'll just revert and start having #1 accidents, which I don't want. So, guess I'll have double diaper duty for awhile!

After she helped me clean up her mess, I had Noel take her upstairs and bathe her since I had to tackle the carpet and use the mop on the kitchen floor. She had wiped the spots for me with paper towels and then took the poopy towels to her arms trying to get off the other streaks of poo still on her. I don't know how I ended up cleaning up the whole mess since Noel is the one that found it, but technically I did know she had a poo in her pants when I was in the backyard, so I'm partly responsible. Anyway, she's now clean and the carpet is as clean as it's going to get with the carpet shampoo stuff I used. We're going to need a new carpet eventually anyway. Something darker than what we have now!

Other than that, we went shoe shopping today and both Noel and I got a pair of shoes. We also picked up one maternity top at Ross for me, since I'm low on acceptable public wear in the late stages of pregnancy, and we ate out at Primo's Pizza. Now that I'm thinking of it, we're incredibly lucky that the poop bomb didn't happen while we were out!

I think Noel's cooking dinner tonight. I'm beat!

No comments: