Saturday, May 10, 2008

Today was pretty busy. Noel took off early to get his snow tires changed to regular ones, and I started some garden stuff. Planted my first row of beans and will plant the 2nd row in another 2 weeks. I also planted some crookneck squash with nasturtiums to repel squash bugs and also planted my tomato. (Finally!)

McKenna played with the hose and sprayer today for the longest time. I just let her since it was irrigation and not house water and thus we weren't paying for it. She mainly watered all of the weeds along our fence instead of our crunchy grass. We took a short walk and came upon a yard sale with lots of baby stuff. I picked up a baby thingy for $8.00 - basically it's kind of like a car seat of sorts that's more open and it has a shady part with a screen over it so that I can be gardening and have the baby in it and not have to worry about bringing out a blanket or worry about lack of shade. McKenna crawled into it and I took a picture. It's pretty cute. LOL

Noel came home much later (around 7pm) and told me how he spent an hour or more at the Les Schwab in Nampa only to be told they couldn't put tires on his rims because they were too small. Guess most small cars now coming out have 14 to 16 inch rims and his are 12. He had to go into Boise to find the tires he needed. Spent several hours there, then did some grocery shopping before coming home.

After a complicated meal of hot dogs, I went out and mowed the lawn after he started it for me, and then he did the side yard and front strip. Went for a walk after that, then sat in the back yard and ate some watermelon, which McKenna loved. We talked and watched her play on the swing set and then I took her up for a bath. All in all, a pretty nice day! I'm hoping to get to the nursery tomorrow to pick up some other tomatoes and once they're in and Noel has my stakes in, I'll put down the soaker hoses. If Noel gets that strip in front of the fence rototilled, I'll put in my raspberry plants. Otherwise, I'll just dig a hole and mulch around it.

Monday we have Patty and Joe over for dinner, so I'll probably do some pick up tomorrow as well. I really need to mop my floors, but we'll see if I get to it. Garden stuff is higher up on my list of priorities right now! ;P

No comments: