Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Had a great day yesterday... picked up some more compost and when Noel got home he rototilled that area along the fence and I got my raspberries in today. Hopefully they won't go into shock. They were already putting out some nice leaves. We had Patty and Joe and kids over for dinner last night. We did grilled chicken with vegetables on skewers and some rice. I found moths in my biggest bag of rice and had to dump the whole thing. I'm so mad at myself because evidently I didn't put a clip on the bag. Luckily, I had some backup stuff that was just fine.

The kids played in the backyard for awhile and then munched on watermelon afterwards. All in all, a good day. Today I don't have much planned. I'm just happy to have gotten down the raspberries... I guess I'll have to lay down a good weed barrier. Maybe some extra thick layers of newspaper! I'm pleased with progress... just wish my pole beans would come up. And the tomato I planted has brownish discoloration on it's leaves. I'm not sure what that's all about. I'm going to dig in and make sure it's getting water down at its roots.

Baby #2 is kicking up a storm today. Lots of visible movement and some uncomfortable moments, but nothing I can't handle. Speaking of handles, I wouldn't mind getting a name here soon for her. I'd like to be able to stop calling her 'the baby'. Oh well, gotta get Noel's creative juices flowing, cause he's sure no help! ;)

Catch ya later!

No comments: