Monday, March 17, 2008

Well, McKenna is backsliding during the day for number 1 and I think it's because we're doing the no pull-ups at night (there have been accidents the last 3 nights) and also gently pushing for number 2's in the bathroom during the day. I think it's too much for her and since night-time wetting really isn't a potty training issue, I'm going to postpone that. She is co-operating with number 2's during the day and by that I mean she gets a pull-up after lunch and will go to the bathroom if she has to go number 2. She'll stand by the sink to do it. I could go back to giving her a pull-up at naptime but then I'm not up there to supervise when she goes and to make sure she's standing in the bathroom when she does it. SO, by eliminating the nighttime training, hopefully we can focus just on the number 2's during the day and she'll stop having accidents during the day. And her accidents aren't all the time, it's mostly the first pee of the day and an afternoon pee. She still will sit on the potty at other times and go. When she does have an accident I do make her take off her pants and take them to the washing machine and have her help clean up the mess. We call it an accident and don't give it anymore attention (except for the cleaning up!)

Anyway, it's frustrating but I know I need to chill and talk with Noel because he's talking about 'shouldn't she be doing this already?' Sounds like Joe when Christi was going through her potty training issues. *Sigh* Ah well... that's the latest.

No comments: