Wednesday, March 26, 2008

So I'm feeling a little better today, mainly just a hang-on cough. McKenna woke up with a 101.3 fever that I knocked back with some tylenol and she seems to be doing fine otherwise. She's taking an extra-long nap today that is probably well deserved! It rained a little while ago and now the sun is out. Guess I should think about dinner. Probably spaghetti. It's cheap and easy... maybe I'll get up the energy to make some bread to go with it. I've been looking at all of the beautiful shell-dwelling species of fish that I want to get as soon as I'm able to get my 75 gallon up and going. Probably not for another couple to 3 years, though. Having a newborn will make it a little tough to keep up with the cleaning routines! Here's a pic of the two different species I'm trying to decide between:

http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_Lamprologus_stapper

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1753si.php

I'll need to work on saving shells for them... escargot and whale eye shells tend to be preferred, with an opening between 1 to 2 inches. They have some really neat behavior. Will bury themselves in the sand and will kick sand out of the way of a shell so that they can get it to turn. They'll even bury the shells until just a tiny opening is left for the babies.
Right now though, I'll just have to concentrate on my 10 gallon. See if I can't keep any plants alive! That's it for now. Snack time!

No comments: