Saturday, July 12, 2008

Well, we seem to have adopted another cat. This one will never be inside our house, however. 2 cats inside and the poop they produce is quite enough, thank you! He (or she) showed up about 3 nights ago and you could tell he was starving. Ribs protruding, hip bones prominent, etc... I gave him a little wet cat food, but not too much. I didn't want to give him more problems. He gobbled it down pretty quickly. Came back two nights later and we fed him again. He showed up this morning finally in the daytime and is quite the lover. He won't jump up on your lap, but he'll rub against you and lay under your feet if you're sitting down. Noel and I discussed the fact that if we're feeding him, we'd better be responsible and get him shots and neutered and all that jazz. So Noel just now found a low cost shot clinic at the local pet store and just took him there. We'll check into the local animal shelter as I think they do low cost or free spays/neuters for stray and feral cats. I was thinking of names and I like the name "Moscow" but I think I'll let Noel name him. He's the one really enamored of our new visitor and McKenna seems to really like him too. He let her pick him up and carry him around, so we know he's pretty cool with kids.
He's a gray and white striped short-hair cat. Very nice.

In other news, we had our refresher birthing class, which turns out was not the refresher class but one of the all day ones... the woman who gave me the info on the phone evidently needed 'a talking to' according to the class instructor. So we missed an hour and a half in the beginning, which covered breathing, and we had to miss the last hour and a half which covered pushing because we only had babysitter coverage up until 1:30... and both of those issues were ones that I wanted to review. I didn't feel I needed more info on comfort measures, medications and breast-feeding, which I feel well-versed in already. Anyway! It was discouraging, but I guess we'll manage! ;)

No comments: