Monday, July 14, 2008

Noel brought home a long folding table yesterday and it's now in the living room. I set up my sewing machine and managed to make a pre-fold diaper out of some t-shirts. Nothing fancy or even good, really. Just practice, although it will make a servicable diaper. What I really need is some good soft absorbent material that's not as bulky as cotton. Some of the new bamboo fabrics out there seem like they'd be a good deal. Anyway, I've got a pattern for an all-in-one diaper on the way and some fleece from a nice online dealer to make into some diaper covers. This is the diaper the pattern will make - scroll to the bottom to see the finished product:

http://www.diapersewing.com/all_in_one.htm

She also makes fleece covers, which I want to do also... those are at this link - scroll down as before:

http://www.diapersewing.com/fleece_with_snaps.htm

Anyway, if I get good at making them, who know? Maybe I'll make and sell some as extra income - they are incredibly expensive just to buy outright!

Don't know if I mentioned that I took McKenna to the local rec center pool and she had a great time swimming. We mostly hung out in the kiddy pool, but she keeps talking about the blue water slide that was in the larger kids pool. It wasn't open while we were there, so I'll be taking her back sometime after 4pm for her to try using it. Somehow I see her getting halfway up the ladder and balking, or getting to the top and changing her mind! It's a pretty good-sized slide, but looks fun. We'll give it another try. For now, we're getting in fairly cheaply as I still have medical passes from my hip/back problem I had while pregnant with McKenna. So I'm only paying $2. and that's just for her. It might be worth it to get a pass in later years after the baby gets older. I'll have to remember too, that they have bleachers there so that parents can sit and watch and not necessarily get wet! :)

Well, enough for now... we're having a chicken/barbeque pizza for dinner tonight that needs to be assembled.

No comments: