Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Happy Anniversary to us! Our 8th year married. I got Noel an ice vest to wear in the car since he has no AC and he got me a digital picture frame so that I can get all of those pics off of our computer and onto the pic frame! So today we hit the doc's office and he checked me out, did a Strep B test and we discussed labor and delivery. He wants to induce me only two days after my due date! That sounds a little quick. He said there's no reason to let me go longer (no benefit to the baby) and that if I want to attempt a VBAC we'll need to do it before the 14th because he goes on vacation and if I go into labor after that, the other doc won't allow me a trial of labor because he doesn't 'know' me. So I would automatically have to have a C-Section. Dr. Kaiser said he'll try stripping my membranes first, which isn't the same as breaking the bag of waters... and see if that gets me going. Personally, I'm going to try every known at-home method I can to get myself going into labor naturally. Sex is #1 on the list since it seems to be most effective.

Today was also just an emotional day for me. Last month hormones raging and this stupid Micron change of health plan and all that entails is just making me stressed more than I should be. Noel and I got home and I took a nap, then because I had absolutely no energy to think about making dinner he took me out to Outback Steakhouse (hey it IS our anniversary!) and we ate the cheapest meal ever there. A burger for Noel and a pasta dish for me. He really wanted to go there because he was craving their blue cheese dressing. LOL

So we got home and worked in the garden... which was relaxing. I showed Noel the squash bugs that I've been finding on the squash plants and we got two that were mating. I also showed him the eggs that they lay on the underside of the leaves, so he went through and looked for eggs and scraped them off. We didn't find anymore bugs. McKenna and I had found 3 the day before, so maybe we got a head start on them. I did some weeding and also tied up my tomato plants again. They're growing really fast and every 10 inches of growth I tie at the top of my florida weave system. Most are setting fruit and I have one ready to pick tomorrow that I'll let McKenna pick. The brandywine plants, however, aren't setting fruit. Maybe too much nitrogen in their little patch? If it was temps, I would think the other plants would be having the same problems. Hmmm... My beans are all flowering, so soon I should have beans, and I've already picked a couple of zucchini... I'll have to let some of them get bigger so that I can save seeds.

So, I was definitely feeling more relaxed after working in the garden. Took a shower and sat in front of the swamp cooler that Noel put in a couple days ago. It's coming in through a window, so it's a temporary set-up... ideally it will set on the south side and vent into the air ducts. But I kind of like it the way we have it. You can really feel the breeze of it in the stairwell as we have windows open up there to pull the cool upstairs. The trick is finding that perfect amount to have them open so that you're not allowing warm air to come back into the house. Okay, enough for now. Almost bedtime!

No comments: