Monday, June 02, 2008

So I had come across this info on the internet on running your car on water:

http://offto.net/runyourcarwithwater_06c9/

and after reading so many controversial things about it, namely it being a scam, I mentioned it to Noel who said there's no way it would work. He's been cleaning up an old Geo motor and went to this guys place who is going to regrind some parts on it and clean it up some. So this guy had a Dodge pick-up truck there that he was 'running on water', which is a bit misleading because what he's really doing is extracting the hydrogen from the water and adding it to his fuel in order to boost performance by about 50%. His truck went from 12 miles per gallon to about 19 miles per gallon. Noel came home all excited about it and I said, "that's what I was telling you about!" He said I didn't explain it fully to him. Anyway, you can buy the kits for cheap on the internet, but he says he can build his own and it'll be safe because it will be an enclosed system. So, we'll keep you posted on that development. First he needs to get his rebuilt engine back into the Geo. He's driving his other Geo to work right now, which is getting about 45 miles to the gallon. If he does this water conversion thing and we can get a 50% gain on mpg, that would put us at about 75 miles per gallon! Evidently, you CAN convert a vehicle to run solely on water instead of gas, but it's a LOT more complicated.

So enough on vehicles. The garden in coming along. There's some small tomatoes on my early girl and the rest have blooms. It's going to be chilly in the evenings (high 40's) and I don't have row covers, so I'm crossing my fingers that all will be well. Mom and dad are stuck in Willamucca due to truck issues. They're hoping to be here by Wednesday. They were supposed to be here today, but that's out. I'll have to work on Noel to let me take McKenna up to Cascade to visit them since they're due at Cascade RV park by this friday. He's worried she'll revert and won't poop in the potty anymore after she gets back, but she hasn't had an accident in 4 or 5 days, plus she went at Patty's house, so I think she'll be okay. Anyway, we'll see how that pans out. Nuff for now, I'm craving an egg sandwich! :)

No comments: