Saturday, June 21, 2008

It's been a little bit since I've posted. I was in Cascade last weekend until Wednesday visiting mom and dad at Arrowhead RV park. McKenna got to play on the playground and dip a toe in the river and she had lots of fun. Only downside was the mosquitoes! McKenna got bit (well, all of us did!) and then was really upset whenever she saw one. I used the tennis racquet-type electric zapper and we got tons of them in the RV. Mom and I went into McCall for some groceries and fabric and then went back to Cascade. I took the SUV but they helped me out with gas, so it wasn't too bad. If I can drive the SUV less than 600 miles in the next 3 months, I can also get a break on our insurance since it would be considered an 'occasional use' vehicle.

Noel is putting up the awning today that came from his dad. We've got the supports up and just need a few other things which he just went out to get. McKenna's in the pool having fun and my garden survived quite well under Noel's care while I was gone, so I'm happy about that. Can't remember if I mentioned that the robins eggs and robins are gone from our tree. We found a broken egg shell on the ground under the tree the day of our yard sale. That was two weeks ago and it doesn't appear that they are coming back. I'll have to look and see whether I should knock the nest out in the fall... I'm not sure if robins re-build a nest every time. I they don't, I'll just leave it alone.

I'm now 32 weeks 6 days along, so well into my eighth month... August 9th is my due date and mom doesn't think I'll go that long, but I guess we will see! There's lots of uncomfortable kicking and shoving going on in there, but nothing I can't handle. Although those punches to my cervix tend to make me yell out involuntarily at times. lol Ah well, we had another follow-up on the spina bifida and everything looks good. The tech noticed something weird where the umbilical cord attaches to the placenta. It looked like a couple of filaments waving around. She had a doc come in and look and he said it was probably where a tear occurred early on and then healed up. He also commented on my 'lakes' and told me there would be quite a few interested medical personnel wanting to see my placenta after the baby was born. I guess that's quite an unusual thing to come up on an ultrasound. Anyway, she's healthy and growing (about 4 lbs now) and I can't wait until she's here and we're able to hold her. Noel and I discussed names again and he finally agreed that one of the names I came up with 'wasn't bad'. Madelaine.

Later!

No comments: