Friday, June 25, 2010

Just odds and ends today........

Our china cabinet arrived today. My sister had it shipped out from Bedford, NY and it is all newly polished and cleaned and set-up where the old one was. It looks beautiful and the wood is a lighter color than the other one, which I like. The smell sure brought back memories of the cottage and my Grandfathers wood shop (where it was made).

We picked strawberries today and there were quite a lot of them! Biggest haul we've gotten since they were planted 3 years ago. Of course, they'll get ripped out this fall and new ones will go in next spring. Raspberries are also coming on slowly and I managed to tie up my tomatoes in the florida weave system I like so much. All Early Girls.

Today was a better day attitude-wise for the kids. The house is still a mess and disorganized but I'm hoping to get that taken care of soon. I'm always hoping that! ;)

Just called Noel and we're going to meet up in Boise for dinner tonight. It's either that or grilled ham and cheese sandwiches - oh wait, we don't have bread! Never mind, it's definitely a restaurant tonight!

No comments: