Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Be forewarned, this is going to be a rant.

Today is one of those days when everything goes wrong, no one is happy and the older one tries to 'help' by bossing the younger one around and makes things significantly worse. My children have been banished to their bedrooms for quiet time for fear of what Mommy was going to scream in their faces or do to their precious little bodies. Of course, I'd never hurt my children but I definitely needed some 'me' time. I know I'm not in the best mood today and that rubs off on the kids. McKenna's been getting lots of 'no's' and 'not nows' and was really feeling a bit rebuffed, I think. This is one of those times where I wonder what the heck I'm doing having a third child! LOL
Then I sit back and think about how much joy and love and chaos he'll bring into our house and I think the first two will be enough to cancel out the third.

I'm waiting for the nesting to really kick into high gear because our house feels so scrunched to me. I have a mini crib sitting in my kitchen with nowhere to go because there's no room to put it right now. I have a co-sleeper that will need to be set up soon. I'll be full-term in 2 weeks and things need to start getting done. I feel like there's crap everywhere and no place for it all. I HAVE made some progress with certain items. Things that need to go into a yard sale, for instance. The old china cabinet, an old rocker, another old dresser with busted rails that I'm not sure anyone would pay anything for. Our garage and shed are full and I just feel ready to set things out on the sidewalk with a 'free' sign on them! This Saturday I'll try to get Noel to help me move some of this stuff out to the yard for a small, mini yard sale. Otherwise, it'll go REALLY cheap on craigslist or get hauled to the local Goodwill.

In regards to baby news (really have to get a name for him settled) the midwife told me at my last appointment that he's in the perfect position for birth and he's probably about 5 pounds or so based on my weight and what she could feel. About the weight of a honeydew melon. I feel so relaxed and confident with my birth plans and the midwives at The Baby Place and I'll be happy to share my birth experience with everyone when the time comes.

In other news, everyone is sick but me. Noel stayed home yesterday with a bad sinus situation. The kids have runny noses and coughs and I'm sneezing but am pretty sure it's just allergies (for me).

We had a blast camping up north of Idaho City last weekend although we ended up on a tick hunt 2nd to last day. Found one on Joe, one on McKenna's head and two on Christi's head. Other than that, it was fun. The kids went hiking with the guys and did well. Climbed a decent sized hump in the earth. McKenna brought me back flowers from the summit. They also got a chance to get into their bathing suits and splash in the river. Next time we go I'm hoping it will be warmer and we can try out the cabins that we did a couple/three years ago.

I think I'll end this and submerse myself in the mind numbing game which is Farm Town on facebook. Good way to zone out when your mind is zooming along at prestissimo.

No comments: