Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Seems I'm writing less and less as time goes by, but recently there hasn't been too much new going on. I'm getting bigger... I've gained 12 pounds and the doc seems to think that's right on. I'm two months away from my delivery date and I'm 31 weeks now. It seems as though my belly has gotten a bit more translucent. There's a darkish circle that I can see around my belly button, too. I've also got the start of that line that travels vertically through the belly button.

Recently (as of 3 days ago) I started having extreme pain in my left lower back and hip area... I would step down on my left foot and that would trigger the pain. It was so bad Noel had to carry me to the car as we were coming out of a movie. I had to use a wheelchair when we wanted to go through Home Depot and afterwards I decided to rent a pair of crutches, because what happens if he's not around and I'm stranded in the middle of a parking lot because this nerve seizes up? Anyway, I mentioned it to the doc and they advised physical therapy. The nurse thinks it's the Sciatic nerve. I've heard about that nerve, too... but usually in the context of actually labor, where the baby is pressing on it and it's so painful that it distracts from the need to push. Usually, right away in the morning I'm fine, but after I've been walking a bit, it will get irritated and start hurting. So, I've got my crutches and I'm looking at 10 weeks of physical therpy - less if the therapy takes care of it.

So, the new house is still a mess... we're still unpacking and we got a new bed, so the old mattress and box springs are in the babies room... preventing me from doing anything further decorating wise. I'll be glad when that stuff it out of there. We've got a stove and dishwasher to sell, since we've upgraded, so I need to put that stuff in the newspaper classifieds.

Well, that's it for now. I'll try to post a bit more frequently... we've got a childbirth education class coming up this Saturday, so I'll try to remember to post and let everyone know how it went.

No comments: