Thursday, August 19, 2004

Well, Noel brought a flashlight to bed last night... trying to see the baby. When I asked if he could see anything, he said "no, just some big veins" It was interesting, anyway!

I chatted with my doctor about my birth plan... like no episiotomy. He basically told me if he thought I needed one, he'd give me one. I'm hoping to avoid it. I'd rather tear... from everything I've gotten my hands on, the healing time is quicker. And there ARE ways to avoid an episiotomy, although if you listened to my doctor you wouldn't think so. Hmph, well anyway. Other stuff on my birth plan I think will go okay. I don't want a C-section, but I've read up on them to get prepared, just in case. I'm hoping to go with no pain meds, and when I mentioned my birth plan to the nurse, she said it will probably end up (most if not all of it) going out the window when the time comes... her attitude was a little discouraging. Maybe I'll use a nurse midwife at a birthing center for the next baby. It's a little late now to switch, probably. That's it for now.

No comments: