Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Hi all,

It's been a few days, but man have things been happening! Okay, so everyone knows I'm having a girl! And now when I watch my belly when she's kicking I can see my tummy move. I'm not seeing any hand or foot imprints, though.
Noel and I have listed our house with a realtor and plan to buy a bigger home. We've looked at everything from old to new. There's a lot of nice stuff out there and even though we qualified for more, we felt comfortable at $140,000. So that's what we were approved for, and there's some pretty nice stuff out there. I really want a living room AND family room, as well as a nice large master bath and walk-in closet. Noel wants storage (we might bring our Stor-mor shed with us) and a work shop. We've been looking at the possiblity of getting a 3-car garage and turning one bay into a shop, or else trying to find a home with a basement, but those are pretty scarce around here. We found one home (haven't looked at it yet) that's 21-30 years old and has 5 bedrooms, a living and family room and a basement. Noel really would like it, I think. And it's been updated on the outside and is beautiful! Someone put a lot of work into the landscaping. Only thing is the neighborhood is older and a bit borderline on "nice" and "starting to fall apart". I'm worried about resale value. Anyway, the other thing is the kitchen is a bit small. Anyway, we've seen a few so far and have a personalized website we go to and it emails us recently listed homes that fit our criteria. It was provided by National City Mortgage. I'll keep everyone updated on the house hunt. I really want to be in a home before I get too big, and if we do a new house with our own personalizations, we'll have to start soon. A builder we talked to said they could get us into a house by August... so we'd have to decide quickly.
Anyway, besides that, we're good! We're doing really well on saving up for the baby and should have a nice chunck left over to go towards down payment in addtion to what we get back out of our current house. We've listed at 107,900 and hope to get 105,900. That would be ideal, anyway. Other than that, we're pretty happy. Now that we'll have people coming to look at the house, I'll have to get it cleaned. Hmm... maybe I should have waited a bit on listing... Haha We at least need to get the entertainment center moved to somewhere besides right in front of the fireplace!
Okay, time to get back to work.

No comments: