Wednesday, May 25, 2005

McKenna has seen her first movie in a theater! And what a doozy it was! Star Wars: Episode III... I missed her first reaction because I had to run out and get some water, but it had just started (previews) and Noel was holding her and she was just goggling at the sound and the screen. We were only 5 rows from the front. So, after the first few minutes of absorbing new stimuli, she started acting up a little... not too much, though. I held her most of the time, and nursed her here and there when she seemed a bit cranky. She fell asleep on my shoulder about 10 mintues from the end of the movie. It ended at about 9:00pm... It was a late night for her, but she did better than I expected. I thought we might have a hard time getting her down, since she'd been awake for about 5-1/2 hours at that point, but she went down hard and stayed down. Didn't wake me up to eat until about 5am in the morning, either. Which is good! So, it worked out well. We had spent the day and Patty and Joe's watching Star Wars 1 and 2, so it was a long day. Let's see, what else? I don't know if I mentioned that when she's on her tummy, she'll scoot backwards a few feet at a time. She doesn't always do this, just when she's refreshed and full of beans.

We've been playing the piano together, and today we took a walk around the subdivision. I've been keeping an eye on a sandpiper nest in our neighbors yard under a tree. The guy lives in California, and hasn't been to his house in quite a few months. The weeds are higher than the bushes! But the bird likes the privacy. I'm tempted to take pictures of the egg and then the development of the baby bird so McKenna can see it when she's older. But I want to do it in the least invasive way. I'm still mulling it over. Well, gotta go. It's back to cleaning.
Oh, by the way, the movie was excellent!

No comments: