Thursday, May 19, 2005

Hi everyone! My name is McKenna. Mommy thought I should write to you. I thought I'd tell you about a typical day I share with my mom. So here goes!

In the morning, I wake mommy up at around 8am, and lately I've decided that instead of crying it's more fun to do my fake cough. I'll lay in my crib and do that for awhile and see if she comes running. It's so funny when she does! Then we go to her room for breakfast in bed. Personally, I'm more interested in keeping her attention on me than in eating (especially if I woke her up in the middle of the night to eat!)so I like to grab and scratch whatever I can get ahold of. Sometimes it's her nose! I think she really likes that because she makes strange noises.
After we eat, she lays me down on the bed with some pillows on either side of me(because I'm starting to roll now, yippee!) and gets ready for the day. After that, we go downstairs, open up the blinds, and have some snuggle time on the couch. She changes my diaper, and then I play in my exersaucer. I love all the stuff on it, especially the mirror. I like talking to the other baby, but she doesn't say too much. While I do that, mommy watches the Today Show.

After awhile, I get hungry, so mommy feeds me on the couch, and then we go into the kitchen and she gives me baby food from a jar. I must say, I'm not too sure about some of the stuff she pokes into my mouth, but I do like spinach. Daddy rolls his eyes when mommy tells him what I'm eating... I'm not too sure, but I think that means he likes spinach, too! Mommy isn't always too good with the spoon, so I've started helping her. I like to grab the handle and help guide the spoon to my mouth. Sometimes though, I just try to grab the food off the spoon and put it in my mouth. Wouldn't it be easier that way? And mommy likes when I do it, because she always laughs.

After breakfast, I have to take my first nap and mommy takes me up and checks my diaper. I think mommy is confused though, because sometimes when she changes my diapers, she'll say oo, carrots! Or, oo, garden veggies! But I don't get it, because isn't that what I eat? Hmm, that mommy's pretty funny! So after my diaper change, she wipes my hands and face with a wet cloth, and someone should tell her to warm it up! I screw up my face in anticipation of that cold, wet cloth, and I'm sure I must be getting my point across because she makes these funny noises in her chest and interesting face grimaces. So after that, we read a book. Sometimes, it's "Where the Wild things are" and other times it's "I'm a Manatee". I like both, but I'd like them more if mom would let me grab and twist the pages... I think someone needs to tell my mommy to get some soft baby books that I can play with. So, after our little bedtime routine, she puts me down in the crib. I usually have to cry and fuss for at least 5 minutes to let mommy know I really DON'T want to sleep, but after that I'm usually too tired to continue. Besides, the sooner I fall asleep, the sooner I can get up again. Okay, telling this has made me ready for another nap... To be continued...

No comments: