Thursday, May 12, 2005

Good Morning!

So what's new? Noel took me out to Olive Garden for mothers day. We had a really good time, and the best part was the waiting time (40 min) because there was this nice grassy strip beside the restaurant with big trees, so we sat on the grass and put McKenna on a blanket and watched the other families. Several were on the grass, too. There was a young couple with a little baby boy who was crawling, and they were practicing walking with him. There were a few older kids throwing something up into the tree branches near us. When we sat down with McKenna their parents made them move farther away so nothing would fall on us. And the cutest thing was a little girl who was toddling towards us with outstreched hands and a bright gleam in her eye, and she was focused on McKenna. Her mom caught her before she could make contact, and told us she would have "grabbed" our daughter... her mom said she just loves other babies right now. But she was only 10 months! I couldn't believe it. She had only been walking a month her mom said, and was still plopping down on her butt a lot like young walkers do. McKenna's 7.5 months old and has just starting rolling over. I'm amazed at the difference of growth that babies go through. But I'm not worried... as long as she grows up healthy and happy, I don't care if she doesn't start walking until she's two! Other than that, nothing much to report except we have a follow-up with McKennas heart doctor on the 16th? I think of this month to have another EKG done to compare against the first one so they can see if there's any change. I doubt anything negative will have happened since she's growing really well. My back tells me every time I pick her up that she's putting on weight. And she looks great. That's about it. McKennas down for a nap, so it's time to vacuum!

No comments: