Sunday, September 21, 2008

Today we went to IHOP for breakfast and then to the World Center Birds of Prey south of Boise. They had several different types of falcons and eagles and lots of interesting displays. McKenna really liked the eggs (fake) that they had out on display to show the different sizes and colors of the various raptors. We watched a short video and looked into a tree burrow (again fake) that had eggs in it. Lots of historical stuff in the archives as well on the sport of falconry. But the point of the trip was to learn something and have fun and we acheived that, especially when one of the staff brought out a male peregrine falcon. McKenna kept wanting to hold it, and obviously that was out of the question. She really just wanted to go back to the eggs! LOL

So that was our Sunday out. This autumn I want to go to the Meridian corn maze because there will be lots of other fun activities for the kids there. We missed it last year and with the wrap that I've learned for carrying an infant against you, I think it will work out with taking Madelaine along.

In other news, Noel has gotten his green Geo running and it seems to be doing well. He'll drive it to work for a couple weeks to get the feel of it and make sure his motor is doing well before starting work on the red Geo. And now we'll have a functioning alternate vehicle for me to use if I want to make a short trip and want to save on gas. I never liked driving the red one as I couldn't shift down into 2nd gear. The green one is automatice so I don't really need to worry about that.

I've discovered freecycle and am giving stuff away as I declutter our home. I've also given away some produce from our garden as I'm now getting a bumper crop and am really burned out on blanching and freezing. I didn't do too much canning, but will try to get more of that done next year.

No comments: