Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Just wanted to do a quick post while I actually have some down time. McKenna has been doing wonderfully with her new sister. No more hitting incidents, just the occasional roughness when 'giving' her to us, but most of the time she asks us to take her out of her lap and we just pick her up. I still can't leave them alone together. I can't wait until I can trust McKenna enough to do that. Soon she'll be the big sister that mommy can depend upon to keep and eye on her sister and keep her safe. She still wants to pick her up and yesterday was sitting cross-legged on the ground next to Madelaine and picked her up in her arms, and when I saw her she was holding her but then let her thud back to the ground on her back. Needless to say we had a tough talk about how we have to be gentle and how that hurt her sister. I've been trying to show her how to hold her when we're in bed together so that if there's a fall it's a soft one, but she knows she's supposed to ask permission before picking her sister up.

We got haircuts yesterday. McKenna's is nice and short and mine is short all over. I have bangs, and that's the longest length on my head. I can kind of spike up the back a little... it's pretty cool. Literally as well as figuratively!

In other news, I'm being swamped by beans, cherry tomatoes, and yellow squash. Zucchini has dwindled, thank God! I'm at the point where I'm sending squash to work for Noel to get rid of and offering it to friends. I've already blanched a ton of stuff already and the large outdoor freezer is getting REALLY full! I'm happy though... it feels good to grow your own stuff and not have to worry about getting it somewhere else. Kiddo's awake, gotta go!

No comments: