Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Well, yesterday I went in to get McKenna up from a nap and found her on her side, holding her toes... it's the first time she's rolled completely onto her side and stayed there! I know I put up that pic that shows her sitting, but I put her there, and she certainly didn't get herself there... so I'm excited! She's been making more articulations... ummms, and mmmmm's, and lots of moaning sounds... kind of funny! The weather here has been really warm. Yesterday it was 74, and it's been getting up to 77 and 78 in the house, so she's been in her cool clothing. We're going to hold off on using the AC for as long as possible... so far we're not that uncomfortable. At night we open the windows in our bedroom, and McKenna just wears light pajamas with no blankie. She's been sleeping about 9 hours... from 8 or 8:30 to about 5 in the morning, when she wakes me to nurse. After that, she goes back to sleep for another 3 hours or so. I've been giving her two meals a day, besides what she gets from me. Once before her first nap, and then right before she goes to bed. She seems to be doing well with that schedule so far. I tried giving her some diluted apple juice from a sippy cup today. She got her hands around the handle and could put the spout in her mouth. I had to help her get some height on it since I didn't have it very full, but she took a couple pulls on it, would take it out of her mouth, LOOK at it, then pop it back in and try again. I think she only got a few sips, then she started chewing on it. I'm not sure she's ready for it yet... but I'll try again every so often. That's it for now...

No comments: