Friday, April 08, 2005

McKenna went to the pediatricians two days ago to get her shots... both Noel and I accompanied her. We argued about who would be the bad guy and get to hold her while the nurse gave her the two shots (immunizations) she needed. The nurse said we didn't need to hold her, so we got to "rescue" her after the shots were given. She of course was not happy about getting shots and started some terrible crying. At one point she screwed up her face and drew in a breath, but didn't let it out. She actually started turning blue, and I said "breathe, child breathe!!" and she let it out - and proceeded to scream some more...ugh, that was a little scary! So we talked to the doc again about her head. It's looking a little better, but her ears are still cock-eyed. I mentioned that she's been getting up twice a night for me to feed her, and he said at this age (6 months) she shouldn't need such frequent feedings and we can start some "tough love" and not feed her so often at night. Of course, ever since the appointment she's been sleeping through the night. Which is great! So, maybe it was a phase. Another funny thing - she really likes Diablo! She'll put her hands out towards him when he comes near and if he walks close by while I'm holding her she'll trail her fingers along his side. Sometimes she grabs and gets a fist full of hair, but I'm trying to prevent that kind of thing. I don't want to get Diablo upset.
Well, gotta go... I'll write more later.

No comments: