Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Well, we're ramping up for the new school year! We're doing Saxon Math this year, which holds your hand a bit more and something that will be good for me. Gives more structure and such.

The girls are coming to the end of summer and it's been a fantastic time of swimming and gymnastics and vacations and visits from Grandma and Grandpa and now another Grandma is coming to visit so we've been one busy family.

The girls are doing really well with their new chore system. Earning tickets for doing their chores and those tickets earn them privileges (which used to be gotten whenever they wanted - within reason!)

They can earn 3 tickets a day and each ticket gets them 30 minutes of screen time. They don't do that segment of chores, they don't get a ticket. They can also earn bonus bucks and privilege passes and best behavior cards. I like handing those out! :) So far, chores are getting done and that makes me happy! The system is called Accountable Kids and I'm very happy my sister-in-law mentioned it to me!

Noel may be going in for some surgery in the next few weeks. (It's time to turn the baby-making machine off ;) Probably that will happen after his Mom leaves. We'll see. And my friend might need me to drive her kids to school for awhile because she just had a seizure. So there will be driving restrictions for awhile.

Just had the kids hair cut. They're looking good!

No comments: