Saturday, November 06, 2010


















The last couple of days I've been busy making salves and tinctures. I thought I'd share.

Since we're headed into winter and we're inside a lot more I decided to make a tincture of St. Johns Wort today. Besides being good for burns and skin irritations in salve form, St. Johns Wort is also good for anxiety and depression. Since I tend to get a little more depressed during the winter I'll use some of the tincture in my teas. In addition to that, I also have some echinacea tinctured from last year that's helpful for colds and coughs.


I've also made up some salve of calendula-infused olive oil and coconut oil for Eli. It smells simply superb! Coconut oil is very healing on rashes and as an added bonus I can use the leftover oil for cooking. It's apparently very heart healthy!

When our first cold comes around I'll be posting a pic of the sore throat drops I'll be making of sage, rose and marshmallow.

No comments: