Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Noel and the girls took me out to The Melting Pot in Boise. It's a fondue restaurant. We had an excellent time and it was so expensive we probably won't eat out for the rest of the month! LOL
They took a picture of us which should be up on facebook in a couple of days, they said. I'll keep an eye out and maybe post it here.

Kids are doing fabulous. Madelaine is talking more... lots more understandable words and she understands almost everything you say to her. Loves snuggles, especially from Daddy and is really turning into a Daddy's Girl! She likes to hang out in the garage with him when he's working on his car. It's pretty cute. McKenna would much rather hang out with me, usually - except when he gets home from work and then they both won't leave him alone for tickles!

Noel got my bike in working order, and with the bike trailer and the bike he purchased for himself off of craigslist, we've been taking bike rides as a family. McKenna keeps up really well and Madelaine is in the trailer since she's not pedaling her bike yet. Only steering it when I decide to push her. For Mothers Day yesterday we rode through our subdivision and into the next one, which connects to a lovely bike path. There are 4 geocaches in that area and we found two of them. On one Noel had to walk out over a big canal on some old metal beams that stretched across, get down on his belly and feel underneath. He came up with a film canister - we signed the log and replaced it. On the fourth geocache, which was in a nasty thorny bush we found some cheap toys, so I traded out some double AA batteries and the girls each took a small toy. I can see us doing this kind of thing more often now that the weather is turning nice.

Babe inside me is doing well. I'm due in a little over two months and have only gained 13 pounds, which is the total I gained with McKenna. I've been trying to eat plenty and good stuff, but it's hard when I have a pretty small appetite. Next appointment at the birthing center is next week Monday I believe. I'll probably meet the 3rd senior midwife at the facility since I've already met the first two.

At the park in the last couple of weeks, I've met some ladies with kids near my kids age and have had great conversations. They live really close, one lady I can see her house from our front door. She has 3 boys and McKenna enjoyed playing with them. The other lady has an 8 month old boy and a 3 year old girl. I'm glad I'm meeting people who live really close by. It's nice not having to jump in a car every time you want to visit someone!

Well, the morning Curious George show is almost over so I'm going to go and clean house/entertain kids!

No comments: