Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This baby likes to kick! He's a strong one, that's for sure. :)

I had my first consult with the head midwife at The Baby Place in Meridian and I felt SO comforted and supported after talking with her. She took an hour to sit down with us and answer questions and it was fantastic. I mean, the longest appointments I ever had with my OB was about 10 minutes, including the internal exams - that was just with him in the room. Colleen was very open to all of our concerns and it sounds like I'll be free to move around, eat, drink, take a walk, get in the pool, etc and won't be pushed for inductions/monitoring/pain meds, etc. She will do intermittent monitoring of the baby with a hand held doppler but that's what I DO want, so it works out! The clinic is just gorgeous. It's a free-standing clinic not associated with any hospital. Closest hospital is about 10 minutes but they could send me to St. Al's which is our in-network hospital if they have 'best outcome' for whatever problem I might be having. The Baby Place also takes our insurance, which is nice as well. I've included a link to the clinic and you can see the rooms. When we went on our tour we were pretty happy with the facility. They have birthing pools in every room, and an area set aside for the baby if it needs extra care after the birth. I can't wait to share my birth story with everyone, I'm getting pretty pumped about it!

No comments: