Friday, February 29, 2008

So, lasagna gardening being my new obsession, I spent the day yesterday at my friend Patty's house raking up her leaves in the front yard to take home for my garden. I also scored some newspaper, which was cool. Of course, now my shoulder and back are killing me, but the shoulder already had a head start so I can't blame it on raking. I realized after I got home that I haven't raked that many leaves in a long time, and it's not like her yard is huge, either! It has 4 flower beds, and there were only a few leaves in them, so I really didn't have much to rake. She has more in her backyard, which I might go back for when my shoulder is feeling better.

While I was there, after I finished raking, we were inside chatting and McKenna ran at me, and clambered up on the couch on me and stuck a knee right into baby-to-be and man did that hurt! I'm not feeling any aches today, and laying on my stomach last night I was able to feel lots of kicks from baby, so I'm not concerned anymore. Guess I'll just have to start guarding my belly a bit more, especially as it starts to stick out a bit.

We've been doing very well reining in spending, so I treated myself to some live aquarium plants and planted them in my tank. The guppies and tetras in there are having a ball. Hopefully, I can keep them alive. I did add some higher watt compact fluorescents, so I think they should do okay. It's nice seeing real plants in there, though! Well, I hear my daughter, so better go get her up for the day. Later!

No comments: