Saturday, September 24, 2005

Warning!! This entry is not baby-related...

I decided to investigate the Master Gardner Program through U of I... through their county extension office. The course runs from January to mid-April and teaches lots of good stuff. I want to plant a vegetable and flower garden next year, and I'd like to learn more about growing things... it will help save money if I'm not killing off what I'm planting... haha. The course is about $60. and you have to agree to volunteer back to the community 30 hours... it could be answering questions by phone or in person, working at a farmers market, or teaching a class at a school, garden club, etc... It sounds like fun, actually... Noel thought it sounded funny that I wanted to do it, but after realizing I was serious, he decided to support me. He took a couple years of agriculture classes in HS, but I'm sure there's some new info out there, or even info relating to our region that would be helpful (indigenous plants, insects, etc...) that he may not be aware of. So lets do it!! I have to be on the lookout for the application coming in December and then get it sent in right away, because they accept the first 40 people, and then that's it. So I'll have to stay right on top of the mail and then get it filled out and off to the post office right away. Ta-Da!! Master Gardener here I come!!! :D

No comments: