Friday, May 25, 2012





It's been a bit since I posted so:

McKenna was enrolled in Foundations Homeschool Co-op on Monday mornings. She really liked it and took a class on The States, a PE class and a Super Science class. Madelaine and Eli were in the nursery with me. It's going to be a great experience. She currently has the summer off and will restart in the fall.

Noel had some tests done on his wrists as they bother him after he's been doing heavy work with his hands. They ruled out carpal tunnel and we still don't know what the problem is.

We have some new chicks. They are almost 9 weeks old and I just sold two cockerels. One, a white one, was McKennas favorite and there were some tears, but we can't have roosters in our area so they had to go. Luckily, they were purebred Ameraucanas from Wayne Meredith lines and were a "blue" (actually grey) color. A man and his family purchased them for his breeding operation as he breeds the blue egg-layers, too. I have one more boy left to sell and hopefully the rest will stay girls. LOL

Eli is currently being potty-trained (summer is a great time for that!) and this weekend I'm night weaning him as well. Last night was the first night and he hit and kicked me and then snuggled quite grumpily next to me. I wore a sports bra to help discourage him and he didn't like it one bit. Noel took today off and since Monday is a holiday, I'm hoping Eli will be sleeping through the night soundly by the time Noel needs to go back to work. After that, we'll wait another few weeks and then put Eli into his own bed.

Not much else. I have my garden going and we're brewing Kombucha around the clock as the kids really like it. Noel bought a smoker for $10 at a yard sale and it's worth $200 retail. Works perfectly and produces nice flavor. He also picked up a student microscope worth about $400 retail for $3 dollars at another yard sale. Those two purchases, made within a week of each other, have to be the best deals he's ever gotten at yard sales.

Enough for now. :)

No comments: