Monday, January 03, 2011

Yikes! It's not even 8:30 yet in the morning and I'm exhausted! We were jolted awake this morning because a line on our toilet busted. I've never seen my husband move so fast! He turned off the water and wiped up the water on the floor and we were just getting settled back to sleep when the smoke detectors went off. Now we're up and he's getting the girls out of bed and I grab Eli - the whole time thinking, "I don't smell smoke"... until he goes downstairs and finds that water has leaked through the ceiling into the wiring of the alarm system, causing it to go off.

So there we all are, trying to get settled back into bed (this all happened between 5:30 and 6am) and I know we're not going to get back to sleep. Eli does, of course, but he seems to be hard-wired that way! So, by 7am we're all up and getting breakfast. So I get to start my day off with dripping towels and one non-functioning toilet and a 6-year-old who's confused about why water makes fire alarms go off. More explanations in order. *Sigh* Anyone want to come over and take charge of the rest of my day? LOL

No comments: