Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hi all,

I haven't updated anyone in awhile except by email, but I need to update here. It's been a crazy summer. My dad crashed their RV and they had to get a new one, and while that happened they stayed with us for awhile. The new RV had multiple problems and would have to be taken in every day or so to fix or re-fix the heating and air conditioning.

The stock market has tumbled of course, so mom and dad have lost lots of money and dad has taken it particularly hard. We've been reducing spending like crazy and haven't peeked at our 401K's lately. I'm not sure I want to!

Noel got E. Coli around september 28th or so and was hospitalized on Friday the 3rd, McKenna's birthday. It wasn't much of a birthday for her! He was in the hospital with bloody diarrhea and vomiting from the 3rd until he was released on tuesday the 7th. It was a horrific experience and his main problem along with the horrible cramps he had to endure was the dehydration. That seemed to help a lot once he was on IV. If we wanted to visit him we had to but on gowns and gloves. It was quite the operation!

McKenna also has e.coli and it's the same strain Noel had but it's treating her very well. She only has had a couple days of diarrhea and vomiting and we did end up taking her to the ER when we saw blood in her stool. I wish I could take away the memories, because she had to have an IV and they tried to cath her and I finally said that I'm sure I could get the urine sample they needed. Turns out the SW health district of Idaho would have tested her stool for free since Noel had it and I wouldn't have had to put her through all of that. She'll be contagious for another day and then she'll be home free.

The latest development is that our TV burned out last night and I'm secretly pleased. I always disliked how Noel would watch a lot on weekends and this will free up more 'family' time. I also will have to re-direct some of McKenna's attention which will be good for both her and me. A repairman will probably charge too much to fix it and we have medical bills that need to be paid first.

So, in a very small nutshell, that is what is going on!

No comments: